Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Telling TWeb

It's two days before Im planning "the talk."   Im dreaaddddddddding it.  Not because I think it will be bad, but because I know the person it will most negatively effect is the person I've come to call one of my closest friends :(

Those of you who don't know Tom Weber, you're missing out big time! You've never met a more fun, generous, genuine, hard working, selfless person.  Really truly totally, he knows me better than anyone. We've spent the last 7 years, 8 hours a day, working 10 feet apart and I can honestly say I've enjoyed every bit of it... I think I can count on one hand the times I've actually been truly upset with him :)  Probably he cant say the same-  I was 22 when we met. Poor Tom has seen me through ALLLLL my drama! You all know how I love to chat... Talk about blackmail material :)
  
You may have heard me say, "the reason I've stayed in Miami all these years is because I love my job."  That's been largely because it's such a pleasure to work w/ Tom.  It was just the two of us for pretty much 5 years, and for the last two the office has expanded to a big ol' 3.  You can imagine over that amount of time we've developed a system that works pretty stinkin' well.  We've created some wonderful architecture there and a pretty solid relationship too.  I'm quite proud to have been a part of the The Weber Studio.

Lately though, something just isn't right with me.  The job is still great, but I've got an itch (whole 'nother blog right there!). Over the last year, I've been considering leaving a lot, but it was the effect it would have on the firm stopping me. Aw shit, Tom'll be fineeeee, but it's just a bummer to know that my doing this is going to mean a lot of headache for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment